Our people are our biggest asset. They support the core of our existence, and we take pride in their skills, proficiency, and achievements. This belief allows us to create the best working environment for our employees that provides a technically challenging and rewarding experience along with a healthy work-life balance.
We look for professionals who are driven, motivated, passionate about their work and are willing to take initiatives to work towards achieving goals by team effort. We'll make sure you get valuable feedback, coaching, and knowledge from the people you work with and help you offer the same to others.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for developing effective and high-quality data solutions that meet customer requirements. This role will be responsible for designing and creating data models, transforming data using ETL tools, developing integrations, as well as working with our development and business intelligence teams. This role will also have customer-facing responsibilities including gathering and validating requirements, handling requests, providing updates, and troubleshooting issues.
An ideal candidate will have a natural technical curiosity, the ability to learn as technology changes, and a desire to contribute wherever needed.\
- Design, develop and implement solutions with databases, database systems, integration processes and analytics.
- Design, develop and maintain data models using SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services, and other database systems.
- Analyze data, identify relationships, and relate data to business processes.
- Utilize ETL tools to move and transform data between systems.
- Design and develop objects inside of relational databases (RDBMS).
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and document solutions and problems with databases, database systems, or integration processes.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Evaluate business processes, identify areas for improvement, and document requirements.
- Collaborate with external clients to gather requirements, handle requests, provide updates and troubleshoot issues.
- Work closely with business analysts, application architects, QA test engineers, project managers, and other teams.
- Work independently or in a team-based environment depending upon the project needs.
- Handle multiple projects and tasks, make decisions, solve problems, prioritize and organize effectively, and show initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Follow established best practices for database and data warehouse architecture.
Background and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years related experience or more.
- Experience in designing data models and knowledge of different ETL design and development methodologies (e.g. SSIS, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Talend).
- Experience with extracting data from relational databases as well as 3rd party software.
- Knowledge and experience using business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau.
- Configuring databases and services, setting up service accounts.
- Development experience with SQL.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Broad business-related knowledge.
- Experience in gathering and documenting business and functional requirements.
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
Preferred skills, but not required:
- Understanding of Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse architecture and concepts.
- DAX or MDX experience.
- Reporting experience using SSRS, Power BI or other similar tools
- Software development experience using languages such as C# and Python
- Open source DB background (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Cloud database experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud